Making square coconut candies
Making your own coconut candy is a great way to impress your guests and show off your culinary skills. Coconut candy is made by combining coconut milk, sugar, and water, and then boiling the mixture until it thickens. The candy is then formed into squares and left to cool.
The key to making perfect coconut candy is to boil the mixture until it reaches the correct consistency. The mixture should be thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, but not so thick that it forms a hard candy. Once the mixture has reached the correct consistency, it is time to form the candy into squares.
To do this, you will need to line a baking dish with parchment paper. Then, use a spoon or your hands to form the candy into small squares. Once the candy has been formed, let it cool completely before serving.
Making your own coconut candy is a fun and easy project that anyone can do. With just a few simple ingredients, you can make delicious candy that will impress your friends and family. So, what are you waiting for? Get started today and enjoy the sweet taste of success!
Preparing Chocolate Coconut Candies
Are you a fan of Mounds bars or Almond Joys? If so, you’ll love these chocolate coconut candies! They’re quick and easy to make, and they taste just like the store-bought versions.
The first step is to gather your ingredients. You’ll need:
-1 cup of shredded coconut
-1/2 cup of sweetened condensed milk
-1/2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
-1 tablespoon of butter
Now, let’s get started!
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spread the shredded coconut in an even layer on a baking sheet.
3. Bake for 5-7 minutes, or until the coconut is lightly toasted.
4. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the sweetened condensed milk, chocolate chips, and butter.
5. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until the mixture is smooth.
6. Pour the chocolate mixture over the toasted coconut, and spread into an even layer.
7. Allow the candies to cool and set before cutting or serving.
Preparing Jamaican Coconut Drops
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg
1/2 cup finely grated unsweetened coconut
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, cocoa powder, butter, and vanilla until well combined. Beat in egg until mixture is smooth.
4. Add flour mixture to cocoa mixture, stirring until just combined. Stir in coconut.
5. Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto prepared baking sheet. Bake until cookies are firm to the touch, about 15 minutes.
6. Let cookies cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes; transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Preparing Dark Coconut Candies
1 cup dark chocolate, chopped
1 cup coconut oil
1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine the chocolate, coconut oil, shredded coconut, salt, and vanilla.
3. Place the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and stir until the chocolate is melted and the ingredients are combined.
4. Remove the bowl from the heat and let the mixture cool for 5 minutes.
5. Using a spoon or a small ice cream scoop, shape the mixture into balls and place them on the prepared baking sheet.
6. Place the baking sheet in the refrigerator and let the candies harden for 30 minutes.
7. Store the candies in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.