Everyone loves milkshakes. And they can be healthy if they are prepared without adding various harmful additives and from low-fat products. How to make classic milkshake, strawberry, with avocado, raspberry, currant, with bananas, cherry, chocolate and other ingredients? Let’s find out in this article.
What you need to know and consider to properly whip a milkshake
To make a milkshake delicious and correct, listen to the tips below.
- In a milkshake, the classic way to make a milkshake is to take milk and ice cream.
- For adults, you can pour liquor, tincture or rum into the cocktail, in children’s cocktails alcoholic beverages are not added.
- Milk is the main component of a milkshake, but it doesn’t matter. Milk can be replaced by cream, sour cream of low fat content, ryazhenka, yogurt or kefir.
- To the main components for a milkshake – milk and ice cream, you can add berries and fruits, juices from them, both fresh and frozen.
- If you stick to a diet, then take fat-free dairy products and slightly sweet fruits (kiwi, red currants, apples), and instead of ice cream you can add crushed ice.
- The cocktail is whipped with a blender on high speed until a stable foam forms.
- If solid ingredients are added to the cocktail (chocolate, ice), sift them through a sieve first.
- Drink the milkshake immediately after whipping.
Milkshake according to the classic method
In a milkshake we will take:
- A 250g carton of creamy ice cream.
- 1 liter of milk
- Take the ice cream out of the freezer and leave it on the table to defrost for half an hour.
- Cool the milk to 5-6̊C.
- Combine the milk and ice cream in a bowl and use an immersion blender to whip the mixture for 1 minute on medium speed, then on high until it is sufficiently foamy.
- Pour the milkshake into chilled tall glasses, insert straws, and enjoy a cold drink in the summer heat.
Milkshake with fresh strawberries
For a milkshake we take:
- 0,5 l of milk
- 340g package with creamy ice cream
- 25-30 fresh strawberries
- We take the ice cream out of the freezer and leave it on the table to defrost for 25-30 minutes.
- Wash and dry the strawberries and remove the tails.
- Mix the cold milk with the ice cream and berries, using a blender on high speed until stiff and frothy.
- Pour the milkshake into tall, chilled glasses, insert a straw in each, and serve at once.
Milkshake with fresh raspberries
For the milkshake we’ll take:
- 0.5 liters of milk.
- Pack of 250 grams of creamy ice cream.
- 0.5 kg of fresh raspberries
- 50g of honey
- Prepare the basic products: melt the honey and cool the milk.
- Mix the ice cream with the milk and melted honey, using a blender on high speed, until stiff and frothy.
- Add the raspberries to the cocktail and whisk again until frothy.
- Strain the milkshake through a sieve (it will leave raspberry seeds) and pour into cold glasses. Serve with straws.
Milkshake with fresh or frozen currants
In a milkshake take:
- 0.6 l of milk.
- 150g pack with creamy ice cream
- 250g fresh or frozen currants (red or black)
- 50g sugar
- Vanilla on the tip of a knife
- Raw egg yolk from 1 egg
- Thaw the frozen berries (if you take frozen) individually for half an hour. Wash and dry the fresh berries.
- Add the sugar and vanilla and stir until the sugar has dissolved, then cool in a cold place.
- With a blender, whisk the egg yolk, add the ice cream and currants, whisk further, and finally pour in the milk and foam the drink.
- Strain the milkshake through a sieve, pour into cold glasses and drink through a straw, you can sprinkle finely chopped nuts (walnuts, almonds) on top.
Milkshake with fresh or frozen cherries
For the milkshake we will take:
- 0.5 l of milk.
- 160g ice cream cone
- 150g fresh cherries, can be frozen
- 15g granulated sugar
- Defrost frozen cherries by taking them out of the freezer, about half an hour. In the same way as the cherries, put the ice cream out to defrost as well. If the cherries are fresh, wash them, dry them, tear off their tails and take out the pips.
- Chill the milk in a cold place for half an hour.
- Mix the milk with the ice cream and use a blender on high speed for 2 minutes, add the cherries and whisk until stiff.
- Pour the milkshake into glasses, sprinkle with sugar and decorate with mint leaves. Drink through a straw or with a spoon (if the cherries are still intact).
Milkshake with banana puree
For a milkshake, take:
- 0.35 l of milk.
- 250g carton of creamy ice cream
- 2 pieces of ripe bananas
- 15g of honey
- A pinch of cinnamon powder
- Thaw the ice cream and chill the milk.
- Peel the bananas, cut them into pieces, and chop them with a blender.
- Add the ice cream to the bananas with the melted honey, a pinch of cinnamon, and milk, and then whip with a blender on high speed until stiff and frothy.
- Pour the milkshake into cold glasses, sprinkle cinnamon on top, attach straws, and drink when it’s hot.
You can add sugar or honey to taste in this recipe
Milkshake with chocolate chips
For the milkshake we will take:
- 0.22 l of milk
- 175g of creamy ice cream
- 20g cocoa powder
- 40g grated chocolate
- Boil cocoa in 100 ml of boiling water, cool.
- Melt the ice cream for half an hour, and cool the milk.
- Grate the chocolate with a fine grater.
- Mix the ice cream with the liquid cocoa, milk and chocolate chips and blend with a blender on high speed for 3 minutes.
- Pour the milkshake into dry, chilled glasses, sprinkle with chocolate chips, insert a straw, and serve for dessert.
Milkshake with kiwi and banana
For a milkshake we’ll take:
- 0.2 l of milk.
- 80g carton of creamy ice cream
- 2 kiwi
- Half a banana
- Vanilla on the tip of a knife.
- Set the ice cream out of the freezer on the table, half an hour to thaw a little.
- Cool the milk for half an hour in the refrigerator.
- Peel the kiwi and cut into circles.
- Peel the banana and cut into slices.
- In a deep bowl put kiwi, banana, half the milk and grind with a blender.
- We add to the bowl the thawed ice cream, the rest of the milk, and vanilla and whip it to a steady foam, fill the glasses with the straws. Serve immediately and garnish with kiwi slices.
Milkshake with cognac, chocolate and cinnamon
This milkshake is only suitable for adults.
For the cocktail we need:
- 0.5 liters of milk.
- 100g of creamy ice cream
- 100 ml of cognac
- 40 gr grated chocolate
- 1g cinnamon powder
- 40 grams of sugar
- Tip of a knob of vanilla
- Defrost the ice cream for half an hour.
- Put the milk and cognac separately in a cold place for half an hour.
- Grate the chocolate bar with a fine grater.
- Combine milk with ice cream, vanilla, cognac, cinnamon and sugar in a bowl and beat with a blender.
- Pour the milkshake into low glasses, sprinkle the chopped chocolate on top, insert straws, and serve for dessert.
So, we learned how to make milkshakes at home from ice cream with milk, and different flavors to the cocktail gives the addition of berries, fruit, chocolate and spices.